The Hervey Bay Community Centre is managed by the Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre.
What is the Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre - HBNC?
The Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre is a place where members of our community can meet for friendship, information, support, action on a community issue, self-development, community involvement, or to access visiting or resident services.
The Neighbourhood Centre is more than bricks and mortar. It is a building, but it is also the combination of the efforts of many people, paid & unpaid, who have energy, enthusiasm, interest, a sense of caring, perseverance, a willingness to change, the capacity to stay in touch with local people, awareness of the needs of our community and a conviction that the Centre is an important tool in achieving people’s control over their own lives.
Programs Managed by the Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre Include:
- Information and Referral - By telephone or walk in, a comprehensive guide and referral service to all community based orginisations in Hervey Bay.
- Community Visitors Scheme - Trained volunteers visit people living in nursing homes who have no other friends or family.
- Counselling Service - Grief, Family and relationship counselling provided by qualified and supervised practitioners.
- Emergency Relief - Financial assistance (food, fuel etc.) for people experiencing hardship due to sudden and unexpected changes in circumstances.
- Fraser Coast Multicultural Respite Service - Social support, in home respite and day respite for people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Limited Hours Early Learning Centre - Short term childcare for people needing respite.
- Taylor Street Community Legal Service - Pro bono legal advice by qualified solicitors who volunteer from local firms.
- Literacy and Numeracy - Literacy training for people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Play With Your Kids! - Early intervention parenting assistance.
- TransComCare - Community based transport for frail aged or disabled people.
- Wide Bay Migrant Settlement Scheme - Assistance for recent migrants settling in Australia.
- Youth Mentoring Program - Trained volunteers provide in-school mentoring to young people at risk of early school leaving.
- Bay Connect - Computer training and internet access.
- Family Connect - Family and Community Support Service - Parenting information and support.
- Reconnect - Working with the young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
For All HBNC Programs: Visit www.hbnc.net.au
Or find us on Facebook
For more information on The Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre and all the programs please visit www.hbnc.net.au